Livestock.Directory was a passion project that was meant to be an all-inclusive directory for the livestock industry. This project has been a learning process that we have spent hundreds of hours on over the last decade. While it’s success never came to fruition it is the website concept that has provided us with the most learning experience and working knowledge on website design and development. Without the many hours of work we have spent on building this concept over the years we wouldn’t be were we are today nor would we have the level of experience in the web space.
Required Skills To Complete
- WordPress Basics: Understanding the WordPress dashboard, settings, and basic functionalities.
- Theme Development: Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP to create or customize a WordPress theme that aligns with the site’s design requirements.
- Plugin Management: Ability to install, configure, and customize plugins to extend the website’s functionality (e.g., review systems, SEO plugins, affiliate link management).
- Database Management: Basic understanding of MySQL to manage the WordPress database, though much of this can be handled through the WordPress dashboard.
- Web Hosting: Familiarity with web hosting environments, domain management, and SSL certificates.
- SEO: Understanding of search engine optimization techniques to make the site more discoverable.
- API Integration: If the site needs to fetch data from other platforms or services, knowledge of API integration would be beneficial.
- Security: Understanding of basic security practices to protect the website from common vulnerabilities.
- Performance Optimization: Skills in optimizing website speed and performance, including caching, image optimization, and script minification.
- Content Creation: Ability to write high-quality, informative, and unbiased reviews.
- Market Research: Understanding of the target audience and the types of products or services they are interested in.
- User Experience (UX) Design: Skills in creating an intuitive, user-friendly layout and design.
- Project Management: Ability to plan, execute, and manage the project from start to finish.
- Analytics: Understanding of tools like Google Analytics to track website performance and user behavior.
- Affiliate Marketing: Knowledge of how to set up and manage affiliate partnerships and links.
- Legal Compliance: Awareness of legal requirements, such as privacy policies and affiliate disclosures.
- Community Management: Skills in managing user-generated content and community interactions, if applicable.
- Graphic Design: Basic graphic design skills for creating images, banners, and other visual elements.